Saturday, December 22, 2012

My 2012 in a Nutshell

I'm laying in bed right now contemplating life. There are so many unanswered questions out there. Like how many licks does it really take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop? Or which arm rest in a movie theater is actually yours?? And why is it okay for someone to shop without any pants on, but they have to wear their shoes and shirt?!

Hah. Just kidding. I was actually just browsing Facebook and decided to blog. 

Christmas is three days away. It definitely doesn't feel like it, and not just because I haven't done any wrapping yet. This year has gone by so fast. 
Okay, okay. EVERYBODY says that at the end of EVERY freakin' year. 
I guess I just learned a lot this year. It has been one of my best years ever, and I don't want it to end. Well, the last few months anyway. The first several months are kind of a blur. 
Actually, I take that back. Just the first couple months are a blur. The rest, I don't really want to remember.

Writing this post is making me think a lot about what this past year has brought me. People normally wait 'till New Year's Eve/Day to tell the world what they like/disliked about the previous year, but I think I shall do that today. Doubt I'll be in the mood to do it later anyway. 

So at the beginning of this year I was in a couple different co-ops and playing softball. 
..wow. I haven't thrown a softball in ages nor have I seen any of my old co-op friends (unless you count my neighbors who live down the road). 
I was starting a new season of speech and debate, but not in the best attitude. I kept telling myself that it was going to be my last year and I was going to quit. Just one more year - a few more months, really - and I didn't have to stay up all night debate researching or memorize my speeches on the way to a tournament ever again. 

I didn't put that much effort into the events I competed in. I told myself I was, but it wasn't nearly as much effort as I could have been putting in. 
Well the season ended without me placing very well. I told everybody that I wasn't going to compete the following year. 

School, softball, and whatever else I was doing finished. 
Then came summer. 
It was my busiest summer I've ever had. My mom started working and I had something different going on almost every week. Somewhere in the middle, I decided to do another year of speech and debate despite what kind of looks I get from my Prisonville friends when I tell them I'm STILL competing.

I don't think my year really started getting great until the end of summer.
Last year I was dealing with all my teenage girl insecurities and blah, blah, blah. Because of them, I acted very bitchy to several people around me. I didn't like anybody, really.
This year I've learned that life is all about relationships with other people. Unless you live on a deserted island with a volleyball named Wilson, you will probably make contact with someone else on this planet. Whether it just be at the grocery store, online, on the phone, or whatever you do, it will involve at least one other person.

So even if you're not a people person, SMILE and make the best of it!

God has really blessed me in the last few months. I've been getting closer to local friends, I got my driver's license, I have great math grades (that's a shocker), I've been making money, and I got FREE hobo Toms and Hollister jeans yesterday!! Those are just the blessings I can think of off the top of my head.

I take back what I said about not wanting this year to end. I am ready for it to end and to make the whole TWELVE months of next year be the best!

P.S. Almost forgot to add some unrealistic New Year resolutions!!

1. Wake up before 9:00 every morning (hah).
2. Go running everyday (bigger HAH).
3. No sugar, no dairy, no wheat (HAHAHAHAH).
4. And finally, give up stalking others on Facebook (BAHAHAHAHAHAH).

Okay, now I'm done. 

1 comment:

  1. You said "bitchy" and I died laughing. Taking a screenshot on my phone and texting it to your mother. OK? OK. Just kidding. 2012 has been quite a year, probably my most varied of my years. It progressed from bleh to awesome to bleh and then DANM GOOD. I am ready for 2012 to end as well, there are so many upcoming events and experiences. I have considered writing about the end of 2012, the beginning of 2013, but I think I won't. I tend to over-think new years, freak out and think I need to go cold turkey and like:

    1) Wake up before 5am every morning.
    2) Go running everyday after each meal.
    3) Eat tons of pizza and meat, sugar, dairy and wheat.
    4) Give up stalking people on IG.

    Yeah. I just realized I already do everything on your list except 4. And partial of 3. Gawwwwwwwwwdddd...BITCHY. hehe, that's still so funny.

    ReplyDelete