Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A True Princess. From Disney of course.

Long, long, LONG ago when I was just a kid, I would watch a Disney movie literally everyday. Yesterday at church when I was baby sitting Emelie (oh fine, I was baby sitting with Emelie) we were listening to Disney music while singing and dancing with the toddlers. She and I were talking about all the Disney movies we grew up with. I watched, memorized, and remember all of 'em, except for Sleeping Beauty. Still haven't seen that one. We also went on to talk about all the princess dresses/night gowns/pajamas we had. The decision was made that the next time I kick all my brothers out and have a sleepover, it will be a princess sleepover. Disney princess pajamas, Disney princess birthday hats and cards ('cause they're cool), and I even really want to rent a Disney princess moonwalk with a slide and everything. That's where we will be sleeping. If we're gonna do this, we might as well have the whole shabam. When this awesome sleepover occurs, we are going to attempt to watch all of the animated Disney movies in one night starting with Sleeping Beauty. It is going to be amazing. This crucial conversation reminded me of 'Authentic Beauty', a book that Maresa ordered Phil to get me for Christmas. Leslie Ludy started it out by saying she wanted to be a princess when she was six. She mentioned Sleeping Beauty.. so I can't relate to her reasoning but I did watch Cinderella. Leslie then states that in order to be a princess, she has to have a prince. After all, each of the Disney princesses had one. This book was mainly about how God is supposed to be our Number 1 Prince and how to make Him just that. I recommend it to every girl teenager. I think it's really fun to try enjoying things that were really enjoyable when I was little. It may not be the exact same, but watching all those movies while singing and dancing along with those songs will definitely be something to remember. Even though I'll probably end up falling asleep after the 2nd or 3rd movie..

5 comments:

  1. You are a blogger at heart, Juls. ;) I'm still coming to this Disney princess party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, lady, lady. You know what?
    I think we should watch, "Beauty and the Tramp" too. [snicker]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is fun(: and I love sleeping beauty! sounds like fun... You need to add crazy makeup to the list of things to do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Count me in...Save a seat on the couch for a computer. I'll Skype in. =D

    ReplyDelete