Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer has arrived. The heat was already here.

A few days ago it officially became summer. Even though the weather has been in the triple digits for the past couple weeks, the season was still considered spring. I got back from nationals Sunday. It was amazing! I had an awesome time, met lots of new people, and definitely can't wait 'till next year!! My life has slowed down quite a bit since I've been home and it is actually getting kinda boring.. BUT we are leaving for Colorado either this weekend or the beginning of next week for Phil's wedding!! I'm excited! Plus I get to wear my blue bridesmaid dress! ;D

People keep asking me if I think it's weird that Phil is getting married or if I'm ready for him to get married. I'd say I pretty much can't wait. I've been waiting for a sister my whole life! Seeing that Phil and Maresa will be living in our attic after their honeymoon, it can't be too different from having a sister. Apparently Maresa and I are going to be sent off to learn how to bake pies. I guess that's okay with me because, well, even though I don't like baking, I like eating. It'll be a good thing to at least know how to bake. My bros just can't expect me to bake a pie for every meal of the day.

The day Stephen left (by the way you can check out what he's up to at bikingocean2ocean.blogspot.com) I started clearing out his bedroom. I stuffed all his junk into boxes, found his love notes in the bottom of his drawer, and then started moving my stuff across the hall into his empty, echoing bedroom. Stephen's (old) bedroom is about 4 feet bigger than mine and has a little closet. Since Phil is moving upstairs and Stephen moving to Phil's room, he didn't need his bedroom anyway. Actually, my dad is using my old pink bedroom as his office now. Yes, he even kept it pink. I think it's the best and brightest office that ever existed! Today, I cleaned and organized my new and improved room. I am now officially moved in.

So far this summer, I have eaten a bowl of cereal everyday. I love that stuff. But I've been feeling pretty lazy so today I got my old dance mats out (it's called Dance Praise) and I totally whooped Phil. It's pretty tiring, but made me feel better about myself so I ate a pizza without hesitation. (I'm sure that helped.) I did 7 minute abs a couple days ago (only 'cause Phil made me) but I gave up on that a while back.

Well, see, here's what happened. Last summer we went to Garner State Park (as we always do) for two weeks and Stephen came home with a 6 pack. I didn't. I got mad and wanted to prove that I could get one too so I did 7 minutes abs and a lot of sit-ups everyday for two weeks. I even ate healthier than usual! But no 6 pack showed up. I got mad at my stomach, quit doing 7 minute abs, and ate junk food for the next two weeks. I think my tummy has gotten even madder at me and will never provide me with a 6 pack. *sigh* I'm sorry future husband.

Our garden is growing tons of edible stuff for us. Yesterday I helped my dad make a ton of hot sauce out of the dozens of tomatoes that were picked. My mom and Jeremiah have been taking beans out of the thing they grow in. (What do you call those?) It's taking them forever to finish. There are tons of 'em and it looks like only a little bit of beans come out. It's crazy that people used to have to do that by hand in order to sell them. Now we have machines that do everything for us! Which isn't a bad thing. I definitely don't want to go back now that we are accustomed to these machines.

Phil finished reading Harry Potter books so now we're watching one of the movies every night. Tonight we're gonna watch the 5th one. I think Ron is my favorite character so far. Or his twin brothers. George and.. can't think of the other guy's name.

4 comments:

  1. haha..this was quite an entertaining post :D I want to see pictures of you in your beautiful blue dress at the wedding, because you are going to look GoRgEoUs!!! I also want a pie (when you are good at making them :P) Sounds like a pretty great summer!!
    Congratulations to your bro Phil on getting married! :) Have fun at the wedding :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking is awesome - you'll love it. And I can't think of a better color for an office...unless it be Purple! (I'm trying out my new theory that capitalizing certain words makes those words feel special, therefore making them more important to the world at large.)
    I hope you're ready for our new workout plan -junk food and abs exercises! A slice of pie followed by the 7 minute workout video. To clarify: we will not actually be working out with the video - we watch. Our abs will draw inspiration from the video and do the work while we sleep. Oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This post made me laugh....allot. :( I had so much fun hanging out with you at Nats! Love you, girlie! :)
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. FRED!!! Geez, get it right!! This post made me laugh.. But you weren't supposed to get Stephen's room.. I was supposed to move in and take it!! Thanks a lot.. :( Can't wait to see you next month! We still need to get some skin colored tape for the video ;)

    ReplyDelete