Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Life in 2 Pages

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT
I saw the new Harry Potter movie Friday. I loved it! Except for the part where Fred died! That ruined EVERYTHING.
END OF SPOILER ALERT

We attempted to clean and organize our huge cluttered school room and I found a couple pages of stuff that I wrote a few years ago. It pretty much has the "highlights" in my life growing up. I wrote it in no particular order, just whatever I thought of. It is as follows:

"Garner/tubing-falling off cot" I remember this. Yup. We were at Garner State Park and my mom didn't let me go tubing with my dad and bros down the Rio Frio River. I cried. Okay, I was only 1 but I thought I was a big girl. Then in the middle of the night I was trying to sleep with my mom and dad on their cot but it was too small and they kept pushing me off. 
Moving on: 
"scooter" I had a purple scooter that I rode around in the house. 
"winnie the pooh-favorite movie-pinata" So yes, Winnie the Pooh was my favorite movie. For my birthday I even got a Winnie the Pooh piƱata! But I started crying when dad told me I was supposed to beat him up with a stick. Beat Winnie the Pooh up with a stick.. not my dad. So instead, he got put it our garage. Again, Winnie the Pooh, not my dad. I'm exited to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie!! Need to watch that soon.
"paddleing that didn't hurt" When I got this paddling that didn't hurt, I told mom what I thought about it and she asked if I wanted another one. I shook my head and ran away.
"learning backflip/frontflip" I didn't learn how to do a real back flip and front flip, I just knew how to flip myself around while holding swinging handle bar things.. not sure what they're called.
"roller blades" My uncle had given me what I thought were the best roller blades ever! They had pink on them of course, but they were way too big for my feet when I first received them. A couple years passed and we moved. I had forgotten about them until I saw my brother's roller blades. My mom said she left them in the attic of our old house. :(     
"flood" We came home from church one day and the ground was covered with water about a foot deep. My dad had to carry me to the house so I wouldn't get my dress wet.
"Jumping off playground" I was so proud of myself when I had enough courage to jump off of the playground in our backyard like Stephen always did.
"hair on fire" I was playing with a lit candle...
"Blacky & Austin" A couple of our dogs.
"baking cookies in mic. thing" I put mic. because I didn't know how to spell microwave. It was a little girl's baker thing. But it only made one cookie at a time.
"interrupting mom & dad" I remember this just because I got a painful spankin'.
"neihbors with grandma"
"spending the night with grandma and crying" Mom eventually walked over and picked me up.
"moving to apartment" I had my own bedroom! While all my bros shared a Master Bedroom.
"wanting to go to work with dad" I woke up early and dressed myself! But dad didn't need my help. :(
"Stephen swim party" It was his birthday.
"swimming after took bath with rollers on" I took a bath, my mom put rollers in my hair (as she always did), and I went swimming anyway. I felt so rebelious.
"drouning almost" I didn't know how to swim yet and fell in the deep part of the pool. My aunt saved me. ;P
"falling on concrete" Hasn't everybody scraped their knee by falling on concrete?
"dads big truck" He used an 18 wheeler as his work truck.
"horn thingy that sounds like elephant" Yup. And I lost it. Quite depressing.
"going with dad to work" This was another time when my dad actually pretended to need my help!
"getting bag full of movies" Some people my dad worked for gave us two big trash bags full of VHSs. We still have many of them.
"pretending to be asleep" It was Sunday and I didn't want to get up to go to church. So my dad went in and tickled me.
"pretending to go to asleep" My mom told to take a nap.. I came back five minutes later with a yawn trying to make it look like I had been sleeping.
"watching a movie, hearing first cuss word, and repeating" Then I got a spankin'.
"forgitting my new flippers gong to the pool" That was depressing too.
"wanting to go to work with my dad" I thought I covered this already.. apparently it was a different time.
"favorite move Winnie the Pooh still"
"elephant noise"
"falling down on concrete"
"big truck"
"going to work with dad" Apparently I liked repeating myself.. or I just thought I would remember each and every time those things happened.
"moving to Bedias" I remember that place. Loved it.
"cleaning it up a little before moving" It was quite a mess.
"falling in love with the house, bank, serval, and everything else." That is definitely NOT how you spell Serval.. but I still don't know how to, so it will have to do. Serval (pronounced serve-all) was a little gas station and the closest thing we had to a grocery store in that town.
"Swimming in pond" We owned a pond in Bedias. Spent a lot of time in it.
"going through trash (stinky)" Uhh.. I don't remember this. But I'm sure it was stinky.
"taking water out of pond" I remember this. It was stinky too! We took the water out so we could remove all the catfish.. bluck.
"diving dock rope cats dogs" Um. Okay.. I dove off of our dock, we had a rope in the woods that we swung on over a waterless creek, and we had cats and dogs.
"own room" I had my own room again after sharing with Jeremiah for a while.
"grandpa dying" When he was in the hospital he gave me his chocolate bars!
"fleas, bad." Our house was flea infested.
"grandma dies go ohio" We went to Ohio to her funeral. There was snow. Very fun. The snow part was.. not the funeral.
"winning by gumball" No clue what that is supposed to mean.
"makeing stinky house into the best house in the world then moving" Talking about our Bedias house.
"making another sinky house into better house" Yes, the house we live in now was pretty bad too. Not dirty (or "stinky"), but it just was built all the way.
"preteen camp"
"church"
"Birthday 3" Um.. 3?
"Narnia Movies"
Scribbles that I can't read.
"kitten Buck"
"Speech & debate camp"
"AWANA"
"playing iphone/ipod" I guess this is when they first came out.
"writing all this down"
"Garner understanding again" Understanding what!? -_-
"poisen ivy" Itchy stuff.

This was only a few years ago and I apparently didn't know how to spell, much less write with readable handwriting.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Didn't realize how long that was. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh.. esp. this part..
    "makeing stinky house into the best house in the world then moving"

    HAHA. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why I read this, we will never know. I loved it, though.
    "Making stinky house into the best house in the world, then moving." was pretty hilarious, sorry about that. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fred dies?!?!! Thanks for ruining it!

    ReplyDelete