Thursday, December 6, 2012

Opposites Attract?

Obviously, I've been too busy to post something on here lately. Or at least, that's my excuse for not writing anything recently. When in reality, I totally could post a few words everyday if I wanted to. However, right now is probably not the best time to be writing something for my pointless blog when I have a huge research paper to work on and two ten minute long speeches to start and finish all this weekend.

Eh, they can wait.

A few moments ago, I read what had to be the most touching thing anyone has ever written about me. It may not seem all goo-goo-gah-gah, but I loved it.
Emelie's post about us made me want to eat a piece of pie. So I did. 'cause we had some on the counter since my mom is attending a women's Christmas party and she generously left a few slices behind. She should really socialize like that more often.

Her post also made me want to continue my procrastination toward the several papers I have to write and instead write on 'dis thang (yeah, I misspelled those words on purpose 'cause that's what's cool these days).

It basically mentioned a few of the several differences between us, despite the fact that we've grown up together, rarely going a week without seeing each other's faces. Even in the times when we were mortal enemies because we didn't want to share our paint with each other, I continued to see glare at her.

This past weekend at Winter Retreat she and I weren't linked arms 24/7 (metaphorically speaking, of course. I'm not a big touchy person.), but it seemed like we still grew closer to each other by just eyeing one another from across the room. Oh, and she kinda gave a couple 13 year olds my number so I've been having to update her on that. However, she failed to give it to the appropriately aged Mexican of mine.

Anyways, Emelie has always been a big part of my life even when we leave each other and hang out with other people for a change.

She's even a big part of my school life. Or at least, her family is. And they're all just as crazy as she is.
At co-op (a place where home schoolers get together and have classes but they're too cool to call it school), Emelie's Aunt teaches me how to sing and dance to mathematical formulas.
Her mother sticks happy hats on my head. (To see proof, click here.)
The same Aunt forces me to run a mile every week.
Her father shows unattractive pictures of me to the whole Government class. (Not showing proof for that one. Sorry.)

All that to say, stay cool, Em. Stay cool.

3 comments:

  1. Y'all's bro'mance name is "baldy-locks".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Your writings are hilarious, and much like your cray touchy friend's, your text entertains me greatly. And your blog description cracks me up. Be sure to give 'dat pretty thang (yeah, I picked up on a few 'merican expressions along the way) of yours a hola for me the next time you see her. Which doesn't seem to be far ahead in the future. Winter greetings from Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having to comment anonymously cause your blog won't let me enter my name and URL. Obvs Emelie. So. This made me smile. We have had our crappy times, haven't we? It doesn't ever come out through words and I hope my actions portray this better than I can say, but I love you dearly. Thank you for being the best friend I could ask for. And thank YOU, Lord, for blessing me with her.

    ReplyDelete