Sunday, April 10, 2011

The New Family Member

For the past week my parents have been looking at cars online, test driving many, and have been changing their mind (well, my mom anyway) on what kind of car to get. (First this ugly squared car, then an expedition, then a big home schooler van, and then another mini van).

 Yesterday morning my mom was picking me up from someone's house. I went to put my stuff in the car and I couldn't find our beat up old mini van. "Hey mom, where's our car." She looked at the mother of that household and loudly laughed, "She doesn't know what it looks like." I saw a suburban wanna be (an expedition) with paper as it's plate and exclaimed "I'm glad it's not a mini van!" For as long as I can remember we've always owned a mini van and used it as our main vehicle. I used to like them though. I cried when the old red one broke down and we had to exchange it. (I was 6, okay?) We exchanged it for a blue-greenish mini van. A mini van that we still own and use today with over 200,000 miles on it plus many dents and scratches. It has truly served us well but my mom doesn't trust it to take us long distances anymore. We have to drive to Colorado for Phil's wedding this summer and so, we actually/finally bought a car! I took a step in the already used, but new to us car and I heard "Take off your shoes!" right away.

When we got home my mom parked this new family member right in the middle of our yard on top of grass and everything. "Well I don't want any branches or a tree to fall on it." she said with a serious tone. So we finally have a new car and we won't even use it. "So are we gonna drive this around everywhere now?" I asked and expected an "Oh yeah! Of course!" but instead I got a "No, we can still use the van when we're in town." Later I wanted to take it with us but nooo.. "I don't want to take it to the baseball field just to get it beaten up!" It's pretty funny how everybody feels that way about all their new belongings. But it never lasts very long.

1 comment:

  1. We need to get a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car so we can drive, sail, and fly to your house from here!

    ReplyDelete